Skip to main content

Welcome to Midiblog 2.0

I wanted to bring back my blog site so I can write more about what's on my mind rather than posting it all on Facebook.  What's funny, is when I signed in, it had me create a new site, even though I knew I had at least 3 other blogs. I figured Google must have deleted them, because it's likely been 10+ years since I posted on any of them.  So, when it asked me what to name it, it kept saying it wasn't available.  So I tried another one.  Still not available.  So I tried yet another one.  Still not available.  Yep.  Those my three other blogs.  I found them.  However, I can no longer edit them.  

So, this is my 4th blog.  This will be the only one I update going forward.  

This blog won't just be limited to my music.  I may talk about other music I enjoy.  I may review albums from time to time.  I may talk about something completely non music related.  It's my blog.  I'll talk about what I want.  :)  I will likely not post anything political.  I want this place to stay friendly.  

----------------------------------

So, I just finished up "Intricately Woven", which, while my 3rd instrumental album, it also represents a first for me in all the genre's I've worked with.  It's a double CD album.  Yes, I know "North Flew South For The Winter" had both a CD and a DVD in it, but that's not the same.  I actually wrote 22 songs for this album.  The most I've ever written for a single release.  Another first for me was the amount of time I released it in.  I started writing it in March and was finished at the beginning of August and had the CDs manufactured and mailed out before the end of August.  5 months.  I wrote a double album in 5 months.  And it's really good.  

Ok, so I'm biased.  But, I'm really happy with this album.  Probably more so than any other album I've released. 

So, what's next you might ask?  My friend Gary and I have been working on another project which I've not really talked about all on Social Media just yet.  We don't have an official name yet, so we are just calling it "The A.I. project."  I have a tentative name for it, but I doubt we'll go with it, but it will give you an idea of what are doing.  The tentative name is "Virtual Unreality."   It'll probably just be a name of a song, but who knows...we haven't got that far yet with only 2 songs written and recorded thus far.  What?  Two songs already?  How do you do it, Gregg?  

I don't know.  It just happens.

I'm not sure if that will be a "Midiboy" project, or if we will come up with another name, since traditionally, Midiboy has been me and at times, my friend Joe Flint.  Stay tuned on that.

As far as Midiboy goes, I'm also going to be working on another Midiboy project called "Reimagined" (Tentative name as well) in which I will take 5 or so songs each from "Synthpops", "Rejuvenate" and "Reboot" and re-imagine them, using NONE of the original assets from the songs.  In other words, from scratch.  I will likely give them a different feel completely.  I want to add some more grit.  Something more modern.  Less 80s.  Less electronica.  Don't worry...it'll still have a lot of elements of electronic music, but think of some hybrid styles maybe along the line of Linkin Park or some post rock bands that bring in a mixture of electronic and rock.  Who knows what will happen.  Haven't got that far yet.  Maybe I'll go more towards the twenty one pilots sounds.  Maybe neither.  Maybe a little of both.  My goal is to find that sweet spot that gets more listeners. 

So far the songs I'm looking at are:

From Synthpops:

  • I'm A Pop Star
  • Paid Advertisement (I may request some help from fans on this one)
  • Can You
  • Who Will
  • My Life
From Rejuvenate
  • Hell Is For Good People
  • Midguided
  • Cannot Look Away
  • The Perfect Circle
  • Mercy and Grace
From Reboot:
  • Rockstar (with some new lyrics)
  • You Hate Me
  • Where Would I Be
  • Reboot
  • Thief Of Hearts
  • Back In The Box
  • Restore Me
Yes, I know that's 7 songs from Reboot.  Cuz I haven't decided yet.  Thoughts? 

Anyway, I've taken up enough HTTPaper for now and will spare a few cyber trees.  

-Later
Gregg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restating The Obvious Lyrics and Notes

  Restating The Obvious (This document is available in PDF format with the purchase of my album, "Restating The Obvious" on my bandcamp site here: https://midiboy.bandcamp.com )   “Restating The Obvious” is a complete remake of Midiboy’s 1 st full length CD which was called “Stating The Obvious.”  The original album came with a 16 page booklet that contained the lyrics, along with a story set up to look like a journal.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to the original graphic artwork for that album and because I’ve also restructured, added two songs and rearranged the order of some of the songs, simply copying the original booklet didn’t seem like a great plan either.   An interesting note about the original album, and ultimately still holds true for this remake, is that it was reviewed by two popular online magazines, one Christian and one Secular.  The Christian magazine said that while the music was good, the message was lacking and didn’t really seem Christian. 

Scars - Physical vs. Emotional

Scars - Physical vs. Emotional) (Note:  I wrote this 4 years ago with the intention of posting it, but it looks like I never got around to doing that, so after reading it again, I decided this needed to be posted) --------------------------------------------------------------------- After having my 6th surgery in 5 years, I have a lot of scars. Some healed to the point of not being able to see them at all, and a few I will likely have the rest of my life.  While the newest ones still hurt a little, they are healing.  They will get better.  The others are just cool little reminders of what happened.  They don’t hurt at all.  That’s because, in most cases, physical scars typically heal, at least the “pain” part of them.   Emotional scars are an entirely different story.  I’ve seen a lot about bullying lately.  Both on Facebook and on TV.  It’s really sad to me, because I just don’t get it.  Why do people feel the need to bully other people?  God made us all different.  How boring would i

Echoes Of The Obvious

You may have heard parts of my story on the radio.  You may have read the small 16 page “journal” that I published called Stating The Obvious, but I believe it is time to tell the rest.  My name is Logan, and this is my story.  I was born with a double cleft palette which was operated on and fixed when I was a baby, however, it left behind a rather noticeable scar and my nose was often considered flat and off center by the other kids.  For the most part, I didn’t really have a hard time dealing with that until I was in the 7th grade. -[]- I stopped at my locker to get the books for my next class.  Most of the other kids typically grabbed all the books they needed for the next several classes, but I always figured it was easier to get them one class at a time. “So, Logan, what’s your next class?” the pretentious kid with a neighboring locker asked. “Oh, I know what it is…it’s ‘How To Pick Up Your Books in Two Minutes Or Less.’ Isn’t that it?” came another excited voice from my l