Skip to main content

Did We Become Less Human In 2020?

Since nobody seems to read my blog, I figured this would be safe to post here. 

I just posted on my Facebook about Philippians 4:6-7 about not worrying, and casting your cares on God. So understand, this isn't really a worry, but a concern.

Have we become less human in 2020?  I see things on Facebook and other social media platforms along the lines of 

"I'm so upset.  I was in line and somebody was less than 6 feet away from  me.  I felt so violated." 

"I can't believe it, I was at the store, and somebody brushed up against me when trying to past me."

"Someone was trying to show me something, and touched my shoulder to direct my attention.  They should have been 6 feet away." 

Etc., Etc., Etc. 

Many of these comments sparked tons of comments with more examples, but one stood out to me:

"Yeah, I think the 6 foot rule should continue forever.  I really like it."

What?  

We are human.  We were MADE to have connections.  We were made for closeness.  Hugs are crucial.  Touch is important.  Our skin is designed to respond to touch.  We were NOT made to be apart from one another.  Don't get dumb here and think that I advocate going up to strangers and touching them.  That was never OK.  But people are afraid of their OWN friends and extended families now.  I have friends that refuse to leave their house.  They shop online only.  If they need to go to the store for groceries, they buy them online and use curbside pickup.  I'm not saying that's bad.  I've taken advantage of curbside pickup.  It's convenient and usually pretty fast, but sometimes it's nice just to get out of the house and view different scenery. 

Last night, we went to the store and ran into a friend of ours.  It was really nice to chat for a few minutes (yes, we all had our masks).  

Boy do I miss seeing faces though.  It's SO hard to communicate with these stupid masks on.  Not only do the masks tend to mute certain words and sound frequencies, many people, myself included, rely on seeing people's mouths when they talk.  

But I do have to admit two things I like about masks: 

1) When it's cold outside, they keep your face warm, but a scarf can do that better).
2) You can make faces at people and they have NO idea.  That can be fun.

In all seriousness though, don't let this pandemic change you forever.  Don't let it scare you from your friends and family.  


Comments

  1. I agree. I think this is all totally ridiculous. To be forced to distance ourselves, hide behind Plexiglas and cover our faces is demoralizing. I don't think any of this has to do with health and safety. It's a virus, and like all viruses they run their course. It cannot be controlled or stopped completely.

    I believe this is about compliance and control.

    If this really was about health and safety, why don't they focus on the things they can control? Why aren't cigarettes and tobacco banned? Why isn't sugar regulated? The list could go on and on about things that are bad for us.

    Whatever happened to common sense, freedom, and liberty of conscience?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Restating The Obvious Lyrics and Notes

  Restating The Obvious (This document is available in PDF format with the purchase of my album, "Restating The Obvious" on my bandcamp site here: https://midiboy.bandcamp.com )   “Restating The Obvious” is a complete remake of Midiboy’s 1 st full length CD which was called “Stating The Obvious.”  The original album came with a 16 page booklet that contained the lyrics, along with a story set up to look like a journal.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to the original graphic artwork for that album and because I’ve also restructured, added two songs and rearranged the order of some of the songs, simply copying the original booklet didn’t seem like a great plan either.   An interesting note about the original album, and ultimately still holds true for this remake, is that it was reviewed by two popular online magazines, one Christian and one Secular.  The Christian magazine said that while the music was good, the message was lacking and didn’t really seem Christian. 

Echoes Of The Obvious

You may have heard parts of my story on the radio.  You may have read the small 16 page “journal” that I published called Stating The Obvious, but I believe it is time to tell the rest.  My name is Logan, and this is my story.  I was born with a double cleft palette which was operated on and fixed when I was a baby, however, it left behind a rather noticeable scar and my nose was often considered flat and off center by the other kids.  For the most part, I didn’t really have a hard time dealing with that until I was in the 7th grade. -[]- I stopped at my locker to get the books for my next class.  Most of the other kids typically grabbed all the books they needed for the next several classes, but I always figured it was easier to get them one class at a time. “So, Logan, what’s your next class?” the pretentious kid with a neighboring locker asked. “Oh, I know what it is…it’s ‘How To Pick Up Your Books in Two Minutes Or Less.’ Isn’t that it?” came another excited voice from my l

Scars - Physical vs. Emotional

Scars - Physical vs. Emotional) (Note:  I wrote this 4 years ago with the intention of posting it, but it looks like I never got around to doing that, so after reading it again, I decided this needed to be posted) --------------------------------------------------------------------- After having my 6th surgery in 5 years, I have a lot of scars. Some healed to the point of not being able to see them at all, and a few I will likely have the rest of my life.  While the newest ones still hurt a little, they are healing.  They will get better.  The others are just cool little reminders of what happened.  They don’t hurt at all.  That’s because, in most cases, physical scars typically heal, at least the “pain” part of them.   Emotional scars are an entirely different story.  I’ve seen a lot about bullying lately.  Both on Facebook and on TV.  It’s really sad to me, because I just don’t get it.  Why do people feel the need to bully other people?  God made us all different.  How boring would i