Skip to main content

A Long Non Political Yet Somewhat Political Rant

First, I'm going to apologize.  This is long.  Very long.  PLEASE read it though.  I know I have stated in the past that I wasn't going to talk politics much more on Facebook, but this isn't really about politics.  It's about us that are Christians.  If you don't identify as a Christian, still feel free to read it, you might see that not all of us evangelicals are crazy.

I have a good friend that posted this, and rather than just sharing it, I wanted to repost it as I have some additional thoughts. She also posted three pics, Please view the pics before reading below.  I do not know which Social Platform she got the screens from.  But they make a point that she addressed.  They are important for the context.

First, my friend posted these pics.  (Once you see the pics, continue reading below)




Second, my friend said this:  

In case we are wondering, Church, how this world got so messed up, take a look at the screenshots below. I'm not saying this is 100% proof. But I do know many, not all, Christians are big Trump fans. So I guess he got the prayers. I won't touch that one. I hate politics.

All I know is that we can look around and see our leadership going off the rails. Better get off of our soap boxes and onto our knees if we are going to make it through this. As usual, talking to myself too.

Now, my thoughts. 

I pretty much agree with her thoughts, but have some additional thoughts as well. 

I don't typically "hashtag."  It's rare, anyway.  My guess is a lot of people my age don't.  Also, my guess is that the people that are hashtagging praying for Donald Trump and NOT "hashtagging" Joe Biden are people that really need to evaluate what scripture says.  Let's look at 1 Timothy 2:1-2:

"First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made in behalf of all people, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."

See that?  We should be praying for "kings and all who are in authority."  That means our government.  Not just the government we like. If we were to be honest, there really isn't a whole lot of government that any of us like...especially lately in our country.  Sure, we voted for the ones we thought we'd like best, but we all know they all have their own agenda, and most of the time that agenda includes their own interests, whatever they may be. 

I know many of you, non-Christians or even Christians that don't consider themselves evangelical or "fundie" think that those of us that are, are all crazy people riding the Trump Train, supporting everything he did in the past, and in his presidency.  I'll be the first to say that while I do think he did some good things during his office, but he also did some things I don't agree with.  Before, during and after.  He's a human. He claims to be a Christian.  Let me let you in on a little secret.  All humans, including all Christians are flawed.  We are sinners.  Paul in the Bible said he was the chief of sinners.  I bet that many of us have given Paul some good competition on that aspect. 

So, with that clearing the air, if this post hasn't yet got me banned, please continue to read.  

To me, prayer, or lack thereof, is the crux of the issue, honestly. Too many Christians aren't actually standing on solid ground and buckle at the first sign of trouble, where as people of other religions do not. Prayer is a keystone of our faith.  Not praying at all, means you aren't on solid ground.  Period. Or if some people do pray, they pray for their own wants, even about their own needs.  

I mean I look even at the other religions that supposedly pray to the same God but aren't what we would call Christians. The ones that go door to door, or wear suits while riding their bikes while on their mission. If only we as Christians (as a whole) had that same zeal. Ya know?

And let's not forget the other absolutely non Christian religions...the ones that call us infidels....they stand for what they believe in until death. While what their zealots do is abhorrent, they know what they believe and aren't afraid to die for their beliefs.

Then again, I see Christians in those third world countries that have the same strong beliefs in their faith. They pray constantly.  They know that they aren't guaranteed tomorrow, let alone their next 5 minutes.  Prayer is a very important way for them to maintain their faith, and their joy. 

So it's not Christianity as a whole, it's western Christians that take everything about what Jesus says and did for granted and have no real solid / core faith. Again, not all, but as a whole.

Too many of us would rather have our ears tickled in church with feel good songs and feel good messages about how God loves us, if God even gets mentioned at all or simply encouraging us to do good things and find our purpose in life.

While both of those are 100% true, it not even 50% of the message.

Ok, I'm getting off my soapbox now.

I'm going to get out of my comfort zone and hashtag as well.

#PrayForBiden

#PrayForHarris

#PrayForOurLeaders

#PrayForYourPastors

#PrayForYourChurch

#PrayWithoutCeasing

#JustPray

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Restating The Obvious Lyrics and Notes

  Restating The Obvious (This document is available in PDF format with the purchase of my album, "Restating The Obvious" on my bandcamp site here: https://midiboy.bandcamp.com )   “Restating The Obvious” is a complete remake of Midiboy’s 1 st full length CD which was called “Stating The Obvious.”  The original album came with a 16 page booklet that contained the lyrics, along with a story set up to look like a journal.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to the original graphic artwork for that album and because I’ve also restructured, added two songs and rearranged the order of some of the songs, simply copying the original booklet didn’t seem like a great plan either.   An interesting note about the original album, and ultimately still holds true for this remake, is that it was reviewed by two popular online magazines, one Christian and one Secular.  The Christian magazine said that while the music was good, the message was lacking and didn’t really seem Christian. 

Scars - Physical vs. Emotional

Scars - Physical vs. Emotional) (Note:  I wrote this 4 years ago with the intention of posting it, but it looks like I never got around to doing that, so after reading it again, I decided this needed to be posted) --------------------------------------------------------------------- After having my 6th surgery in 5 years, I have a lot of scars. Some healed to the point of not being able to see them at all, and a few I will likely have the rest of my life.  While the newest ones still hurt a little, they are healing.  They will get better.  The others are just cool little reminders of what happened.  They don’t hurt at all.  That’s because, in most cases, physical scars typically heal, at least the “pain” part of them.   Emotional scars are an entirely different story.  I’ve seen a lot about bullying lately.  Both on Facebook and on TV.  It’s really sad to me, because I just don’t get it.  Why do people feel the need to bully other people?  God made us all different.  How boring would i

Echoes Of The Obvious

You may have heard parts of my story on the radio.  You may have read the small 16 page “journal” that I published called Stating The Obvious, but I believe it is time to tell the rest.  My name is Logan, and this is my story.  I was born with a double cleft palette which was operated on and fixed when I was a baby, however, it left behind a rather noticeable scar and my nose was often considered flat and off center by the other kids.  For the most part, I didn’t really have a hard time dealing with that until I was in the 7th grade. -[]- I stopped at my locker to get the books for my next class.  Most of the other kids typically grabbed all the books they needed for the next several classes, but I always figured it was easier to get them one class at a time. “So, Logan, what’s your next class?” the pretentious kid with a neighboring locker asked. “Oh, I know what it is…it’s ‘How To Pick Up Your Books in Two Minutes Or Less.’ Isn’t that it?” came another excited voice from my l